Monday, May 03, 2010

My New Toy

Ok, so I've thinking and researching it for a while now and finally bit the bullet and bought a new camera. My old camera (a Kodak EasyShare that I've had since before MM was born) had been a great one, taken incredible pics for a point and shoot, and had "held up" to kids and me not being so kind to it.
So I finally settled on this Nikon D5000. I got a really good deal on it and it came with anything and everything I could need for it (camera body, 2 lens {18-55 and 55-200 for you camera buffs}, a mono/tripod, 2 bags, memory card, hi-speed card reader, 2 UV lens filters, 1 hour "lessons"). Although I have a LOT to learn about how to take full advantage of all of the features, I have already fallen in love with it. I don't have any pictures to post today (sorry) b/c I left the camera at home, but I promise to post some of my faves tomorrow. I took some at a local tennis charity event I participated in Friday to Cystic Fibrosis, as well as some of Anna and MM at MM's riding lesson Friday and over the weekend. My brother (who is an incredible photographer in his "free" time when he's not out trying to treat/heal/cure this ugly world of female cancers) is going to give me some lessons when we go down there to visit for a week at the end of the month.
On a side note (since this blog is also my scrapbook), we got so tickled last night at the girls. They had been playing so nicely all day in the playroom while Sam and I washed clothes, ironed, cleaned out drawers, etc. So when we heard the giggles and cackles coming from the playroom, I just had to check it out. What I found was Anna covered in makeup powder all over her face and legs and arms (I mean, she was white) and lipstick all over her lips, cheeks, nose, forehead! And she was dressed in dress-up clothes! MM had decided to "do" this Anna and they were so funny! Anna was just thrilled to have MM's undivided attention. Unfortunately, after Anna and I had both told MM "no more" and she didn't obey, Sam decided that the best punishment was to let Anna do the same to her. As most of you know how MM is not girly, MM was NOT HAPPY! We made her keep it all on until bath time (a total of 10 minutes)! It was really funny and they were having a blast, but enough was enough, especially since Anna tends to have reactions to makeup and get little hives everywhere. I have pictures of our little makeup artist and her "customer" (that's what she called Anna), but those will have to come later.
Hope you all have a great week! We will be busy this week with Anna's ballet recital. She has 2 rehearsals at the theater and then the recital is Saturday. Fun Fun!


signature

1 comment:

Tyler said...

Congrats on the new camera- will have a photo 101 for you when you come down;) In the meantime, get a (free) flick account. Great to post pics to, easy to download from, and can link from your blog so everyone can see full size pics.