Monday, August 25, 2008

Cooking Lessons Anyone?

Ok, so since I have already had 2 requests on our blog and several verbal requests, I am considering doing a cooking lesson for anyone interested in learning to "put up" fresh veggies! I actually learned from my grandmothers. When Sam and I first got married (and since he is a "country boy") I called my grandmothers for some advice on how to put up veggies. I actually still use the notes that I took from their lessons and I would be glad to pass along these precious tips that you just can't find in books or cookbooks anywhere - I got them to good ole' fashion way - word of mouth from the experts! Hopefully these are some things I can pass on to my girls when they grow up! My next lesson that I want to learn is how to can things and I will pass this along as well!

If anyone is interested in this, let me know and we can plan a day at my house to do it!

3 comments:

Mary T. said...

I can't come to Tuscaloosa and get the cooking class :) BLog about it! I just don't have anywhere to store it! haha...

Kellie said...

I am definitely interested - I am hitting the organic market on Thursday - any suggestions on the best things to buy - we like fruit around our house much more than veggies, though veggies will be bought - do you just freeze fruit in bags or is there some other process before hand? Also, if I buy them Thursday, how long do I have before I need to get them in the freezer?

Anna & Greg said...

Hey Leigh! My grandmother puts up veggies for me (peas, corn, peanuts, etc.), and they are the only veggies I like! I always say to myself that I need to learn how to do it, and I've never taken the time to. Maybe I'll ask her next time I see her...