Monday, January 26, 2009

Wow what a week?

As if we had not had enough sickness in our house this past year, we found ourselves battling, yet again, with another a round! We all started coughing and had lots of congestion the weekend before. It was one of those moments that you think, "oh, yea, here we go!" Mary Mac had fallen out of her bed the other night (which is a first since putting her in a big girl bed when she was 2) in what appeared to be a restless night. I was terrified that she had possibly hit her head on the bedside table because she was kind of out of it and shaking. I wasn't sure if it all just scared her and I was being paranoid or if she really did hurt something so I decided to sleep with her so that I could keep an eye on her. Of course I did not sleep much after that - between her coughing all in my face (literally) as she tossed and turned all night! By the way, she did not hit her head. I found a huge bruise and mark on her shoulder several days later! So, of course, I started coughing and getting congestion a couple days after this event. I had to take Anna to the doctor on Monday to have her ears rechecked from the previous illness and at this point Anna was great! Well, that lasted about 12 hours and on Tuesday she started the same cycle. Keep in mind that up to this point, I have not slept since the Thursday night before when Mary Mac fell off the bed and then she and I were both up and down the other nights coughing and having to blow or noses. Sam leaves Tuesday to go out of town for a show in Nashville and I was feeling lousy! Our lousiness continued (with all 3 of us) until Wednesday night when Anna began coughing ALL NIGHT and then my ears started killing me. I could feel the pressure in my ears and I could also feel one of my eardrum's bulging. I woke up the next morning with crud coming out of my ears.

That's when I said, "I've had it . . . We're all going to the doctor TODAY!" So, after several hours in doctors' offices and many prescriptions later, Mary Mac and I both had ear infections in both ear and sinus infections and Anna was diagnosed with bronchiolitis. So, between antibiotics, ear drops, decongestants, breathing treatments, we were all SO glad to have our Daddy back at home yesterday. Or, should I say, I was the one that was most happy! It was a tough week with Sam being gone and us being sick, but we made it! We made it through another round! I pray that we can all stay healthy and well for a long time now!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

I feel your pain, though thankfully I have been well throughout it all! Glad to hear things are getting better! Hope they stay that way!

The Burgess Family said...

Hey Leigh. Just found your blog and your girls are beautiful. Hope all the sickness goes away. My son Clayton just got over RSV. We need the summer to get here so all these germs will go away!! Hope you are doing good otherwise.

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

hope you guys are ALL on the mend and feeling better soon!

Molli Kirby said...

WOW...I'm so sorry! There's something to be said about getting some fresh air; maybe you'll get a little nice weather and the germs can go away...OUTSIDE! Thinking about you guys!