Friday, May 22, 2009

Work Work Work

Well, sorry for the lack of posts lately, but if you read my eariler post about our change of plans at work and if you have read my post of what we "do" at work then you can probably imagine what I have been doing the last couple of weeks. I am just now starting to feel like my brain is wrapped around what all I have to do before August 17. It has been pretty tough trying to manage my time with my new responsibilities and still keeping up with my previous duties - Sorry, mom, I've not been very good at it at all so far! I promise that I can do it and WILL do it! It will help when the girls start going to school full time on June 1. As much as I am sad about not being able to spend that extra time with them in the afternoons, I know that this is a sacrifice I have to make - that's what a family business is all about. I am so fortunate to have a wonderful dad that allows me to do all that we do and wants us to spend as much time with our family that we can! He and Sam work sooooo hard and I am forever grateful that they make this sacrifice for all of our families!

Anyway, other than work, we survived the 3 week stretch that Sam was out of town - Whew! I think the girls sensed my stress and they were so good and played so nicely together that whole week with very few fights - it was so nice - I pray everyday that they will be the best of friends one day and learn to love to be together. I have no idea what it is like since I do not have a sister so it's so hard to help them understand. They are so different, which I am so glad for, but their differences are what make them argue - all.the.time!!! I keep telling myself, "this too will pass!"

This week has been a big week for the girls too. First, MM had a great week at horseback riding and is loving it again - it is so wonderful to see her comfortable with the horses that she loves so much. I think she was really struggling internally (and therefore, it was being exhibited externally in other ways - pitching fits, being ugly to friends, etc.) with how to handle being a little afraid and hesitant of the animal (horses) that she loved so much and to learn to respect that they can be unpredictable. This week she finally loosened up and rode just like she was doing before her fall and I could see it written all over her face how proud she was of herself and that her confidence in herself had been restored! Praise God! I was struggling too - only I was struggling with how to help her through her own struggle! It was such a fine line of being too overbearing and making her ride every week and just letting her give it up, which in Sam's book was out of the question until she got over her fear! Also, the pool opened Thursday at the club and we had planned on going until the weather looked a little "ify" and Anna was diagnosed with Roseola. She was not contagious anymore, but I can just imagine the look on parent's faces as I let my little rash-infested child into the sess-pool baby pool! Oh, we would be the talk of the town! "Can you believe her? Exposing our children to whatever that little girl has?"


The last big thing is that the long-awaited playground at the school that backs up to our neighborhood finally opened this week!!!! YAY!!! It is also a community playground when school is not in session and it has been PACKED all week in the afternoons! You would think that there is not a playground anywhere in our town just by seeing the crowds out there. We have been so deprived - just kidding! These are pics of the girls on the playground - sorry for the quality - it was on my phone and it was about to rain.




signature

4 comments:

Margaret Worrell said...

Hey Leigh,
Glad I found your blog- your girls are so precious! Hope you and your family are doing well!
~Margaret

Connie said...

HEY BETWEEN YOU AND ME, WE WILL GET THESE HUGE JOBS DONE AND STILL HAVE TIME FOR OUR GIRLS. REMEMBER, IT IS NOT THE TIME YOU SPEND DOING THE JOB, BUT GETTING THE JOB DONE. YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO USE YOUR TIME WISELY. ALSO, JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT YOU NEED TO POST HOW WONDERFUL ANNA'S MANNERS ARE. CAN'T BELIEVE A 2 YR OLD WILL SAY "EXCUSE ME MOMMY" WHEN SHE WANTS YOUR ATTENTION.

Jana said...

Leigh thanks for your comment about Summer's birth.It does sound similar.My blood pressure was never at a high level and my swelling was mild in the evening.The nurse who was about to dismiss me at the hospital after monitoring was the only one who caught it.I was begging for pain meds to get me thru the night and she had me wait around after I was dressed back in my normal clothes so they could draw blood.I was almost out the door, what a blessing.Thanks for sharing your comments.It is good to hear someone else has been thru it too.Thank God for our health!Jana

Anonymous said...

Hello-I found your blog and you have a beautiful family. I am new T-town. I took my daughter Amy to this park the other day and it is awesome! Great pics! Again, new to the blog world, but ran across your page.!
~Kimberly