Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Two Words . . . Roll Tide!!!

Ok, sorry for a delay in posts! We have had a crazy week or so with 2 deaths of family and like-family and trying to play catch-up while also attending to the daily chores! I have not posted yet (and can't believe I haven't) on the excitement of our football team !!!!! ROLL TIDE!!!! We have been to all the home games and will go to Auburn game! And if Sam's letterman status will allow, we have ordered our tickets for both the SEC Champiuonship and bowl game (whichever we make it to). However, I will not get to go to the SEC game because my sweet mother-in-law wanted all of the Collins girls to go to Opryland for A Country Christmas and we just happened to plan it for that weekend - this was planned way before we even had an inkling (is that a word?) of the success. Oh well, I'm sure Sam will have a ball and I am looking forward to my girls trip!

As for Mary Mac and Anna, they are great (as usual)! We had a bit of a melt-down last week at ballet with Mary Mac. For those of you who know her, this is SO Mary Mac! Anyway, it was parent visitation day at ballet and I had totally forgotten! Sam had a meeting so he was no where to help or watch and Anna had to tag along. Anna could not understand why she couldn't participate (she is taking on Thurs. mornings) at this class. Well, the class starts and Mary Mac is just standing there staring at the parents and not making a move while all the other little "princesses" are gracefully dancing and showing off for their families. I look at her with those "mommy" eyes to say, "you better start participating or we're leaving!" She then proceeds to yell that she has to "TEE-TEE" - never fails! Makes for a great giggle from the crowd. Since I had Anna in my lap one of the teachers had to take her. Well the teacher comes back in, but no Mary Mac in sight. When she finally creeps back in with her hands in her mouth, she runs to me to tell me her stomach hurts. So who knows? Does it really? Not sure so I take her outside to try and keep her from disrupting the other dancing beauties! We have a long talk and she loudly proclaims that she hates ballet and never wants to come back. Stomach is suddenly better! Needless to say, we leave the studio AND forget her bag with her tap shoes in it. So, the next day I decided to have a serious talk with her about it and see if she really wants to quit or if she just didnt' like the parents watching. She, finally after my little speech about committment (you think a 4 year old "gets" that?), looks at me as seriously as possible and says, "Mom, I have a new thing now?" Taken aback by this statement I ask, "Well, what is your new thing?" She says in a "like duh" kind of way - "Horseback Riding!" So, I guess it's settled - she is not going to be our little princess ballerina - but, honestly, she's never been and I really don't see her ever being like that. We'll stick with horses for now!
Maybe there is hope for Anna! I did notice Anna last night (as I watched Dancing With The Stars) that she picked up her babydoll by hands and started spinning her doll around like she was dancing with her - sooooo cute! And pretty smart too! She just kept saying"dance, dance dance".
I'll have to post on Mary Mac's horseback riding lesson yesterday - she actually got her horse to jump! And she's only 4!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Well, at least you know noe before you spend $10,000 on lessons and recitals!!! =)

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

I am so sorry to hear about the deaths...will be praying for you and family.

Maybe Anna will be your balleria girl! At least you know now before MM thinks in her teen years "they made me take dance all these years!"

ROLL TIDE!

Leigh Collins said...

Very true girls! At least we know now! This is already the 2nd time she's tried dance!