Monday, December 08, 2008

A Country Christmas

All I have to say is . . .AAHHHH! What a nice weekend we had! Sam's mom, his 2 sisters, and I planned a girl trip to go to A Country Christmas this past weekend in Nashville. We went all out too. We got a room at the Oprland Hotel with a balcony overlooking the Delta Atrium and it was awesome! Our balcony actually looked directly over the huge waterfountain that they had programmed to with music every hour. The decorations were amazing and I have no idea how they take care of all of the plants they have planted - I struggle with the 3 or so real ones in my house! Thursday we went to the Grinch Ice exhibit where they recreated scenes from the movie but it was all made of ice in all the bright colors of the movie. It was freezing in there (obviously) at a cool 9 degrees and they gave you a coat as you went in. They also suggested not leaving your camera on because the cold would run your battery down - had no idea that was possible! Then that night we went to the Rockettes show and had fantastic seats - center section on the 7th row! I don't know if you all would agree, but I personally think I have legs like that naturally. . .HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Friday we went on the General Jackson Showboat and then to the Grand Ole Opry which is being held downtown in its original place, The Ryman Auditorium. It was neat to be there and listen to all the old-school country music. The only names we knew were Marty Stewart and Emmylou Harris, but it was good none-the-less. Then our final day was spent at the Treasures Craft Show and just walking around the enormous resort. That night after watching the SEC spanking game until half-time, we had tickets to the Louise Mandrell Dinner Show. She was so cute and funny and totally talented! I think she played about 15 different instruments and sang and danced. Well, lets just say she tried to dance - that was not her best talent! We all agreed that she needed to be nominated for the next season of Dancing With The Stars because she could use the training and she is talented enough that she would be able to make huge improvements! We had a fantastic time together and it was a nice break from the kids. Thanks so much to my sweet and wonderful husband for not only letting me go and leave him with the girls for 4 days, but for also encouraging me to do things like this and making sure that I have nothing to worry about while I'm gone! I loved spending time with Sam's family too especially without kids around - they make me feel like another sister and I appreciate that more than they know!

1 comment:

Lindsey Smith said...

Ohhhh I am so jealous! I wanted to go to that this year, but with Lydia being so little it was just not my year. I may try that as a girls trip for my mom and sisters next year!