Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I know I know...where have we been?

Ok, so sorry for the lack of posts and a lack of pictures on this post, especially from Christmas! To be honest, I'm not really sure if we got any pictures from Christmas this year - so sad, but true! We have had a heck of the past several weeks and to keep from boring you here is a quick synopsis of our lives: the girls have both had colds off and on for about 3 weeks now; I got food poisoning and then was in a panic to try and get everything finished before Christmas after being in the bed for 2 full days; we went to Mobile to see my mom's family and Mary Mac had a fever virus at the same time that lasted for 5 full days; we had to put my other grandmother in the hospital that same weekend; Christmas Eve and Christmas morning came and went in a flash; my grandmother (the one in the hospital) passed away Christmas day (more on that later); more family Christmas events and and gatherings; planned a funeral; more family (as in my brother's family and Sam's sister's family came in town)! Whew!!!! I know it's a lot in the span of about 2 weeks. We are all still trying to grieve and celebrate and recover! When I get caught up at work and home, I will post more on the loss of my grandmother and the special things that have taken place as a result as well as my thoughts and feelings in regards to our loss! We are also all still battling with colds and have had to put sweet Anna on another round of antibiotics for an ear infection. Oh the fun the winter time and kids! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

As I said on FB - sorry about your loss. I hope the girls get better soon - and I'm glad you recovered from your food poisoning - YUCK! Happy New Year!

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

i am so sorry to hear about your grandmother...i'll be thinking of you any praying for the continued strength.