Monday, April 12, 2010

A Weekend of Work

Sam and I joined the whole neighborhood Saturday in deciding to get some of our spring cleaning in the yard completed. It was such a great day - sunny but just cool enough that you didn't get too hot. The whole family (smoothies in tow) loaded up in Sam's truck and headed to Lowe's to get a few things. Well, a few things turned into 3 hydrangeas, 7 euonymus, 5 (I think) indian hawthorns, 10 bags of top soil, and 1 confederate jasmine. And the worst part is that was only the first of 4 trips to Lowe's that day.

The girls (Sophie included) had a ball playing in the yard and "helping" us. We started by Sam digging all of the holes and me planting them. Once everything was all planted, I headed back to Lowe's and loaded (or had loaded) 15 bags of mulch while Sam cut the grass. We finally called it a day at 6:00 pm and we could hardly stand on our 2 feet. Sam was up at 7 the next morning and at Lowe's to get our last load of mulch. We finally finished everything around lunchtime Sunday. It was a lot of work, but the end result was so worth it. I'll have to take pictures and post later. Last night I thought, we finally have a yard that I am proud of! It looks amazing! Only 1 1/2 days, 16 plants, and 60 (yes, that's right) bags of mulch! Now, I'm just waiting on the end of the pollen so I can clean our porch and furniture and it will be perfect!

Let's just say that after almost 4 hours of tennis (1 1/2 cardio-tennis plus 2 hours playing after) on Friday, a full day of yard work Saturday, and half a day of yard work Sunday, I AM SO SORE! I definitely got my workout in this weekend!


signature

1 comment:

Kellie said...

we did yard work all day Sat too! It was a great day! I wish I had been playing tennis with you on Friday though - sounds fun!