Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More Tennis and Horse Camp and Movies

Tennis Star - check out that form!

3 Generations of Tennis Players


As you all know from a previous post, MM took her first official tennis lessons before we left for the beach. Well, SHE LOVED IT! I was so glad to see her enthusiasm for the game that I have loved for most of my life! I certainly didn't want to push her into it, but I just wanted her to learn how to play so that if she ever wanted to play as adult she would already have an idea of it.
While we were at the beach last week, the tennis courts held a kids clinic for her age group on Tuesday and Thursday. She was so pumped about playing tennis that she could not wait until Tuesday, so I took her out to the courts several days before hand. She is amazing! I know I maybe a little biased, but even the Pro's at the beach could not believe how good she was to have only had 3 lessons in her life and only be 4 years old. She has great coordination and hand-eye coordination too! It was really HOT on the courts too, but she wanted to stay out there for hours! We finally had to say "Time Out"! She asked me, "Mommy, when I get big like you, can we play tennis together?" So cute, how could I resist! She is really looking forward to more tennis, but in the meantime. . .
Horse Camp started this week! It is pretty intense for this age group, but they are having a blast. It is Monday - Friday from 8-12. Everyday when I pick her up at 12, she is exhausted and can barely stay awake to eat lunch. I asked her yesterday which was her favorite and she told me that she loved tennis AND horseback riding - they are both my favorite! Who knows which one she will land on! But for now we are enjoying them both. And this weekend the farm is holding a mini-show for the little kids so that they can see what it's like to do a show without it being so hectic and serious. MM is so excited and looking forward to her first show which I am thrilled about considering our first experience with horse shows (that she did not do). Wish us luck!
Then to add to all the excitement of the current summer fun, we (along with friends/neighbors) are hosting a Movie Night Under the Stars (i.e. in our backyard). We have rented an inflatable screen and sound system and a popcorn machine. Guests are supposed to bring a blanket and it's BYOB for the parents. We cannot wait and it's going to be so much fun - I will post pictures next week. We have not been able to decide which movie to play though so any feedback would be great! We are looking for a movie that is not gender specific (princesses), good for all ages, clean, not scary, etc. We have narrowed it down to 3: Hotel 4 Dogs, Bolt, and Bedtime Stories. Any suggestions?

signature

2 comments:

Kellie said...

All those sound great to me - we are so excited! I'm glad ya'll changed it to Friday night, b/c we could not have made it Saturday! See you then- thanks for including us!

Maggie Pelton said...

Well, she has to be athletic...look at her parents! We did a movie night in our neighborhood a couple years ago and it was really fun. We got popcorn from the theater and put it in paper bags for everyone.