Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Back to School

The girls started back to school for the new year this week. Mary Mac (due to her October birthday) still had one more year of preschool. I have mixed feelings about this. The group of kids starting kindergarten this year are so cute and fun and I would love for her to be with them, but on the otherhand, I am soooo not ready to have a child old enough to be in kindergarten. I think with one more year, I will be ready. . .maybe! ;) Please notice that I was able to talk MM into wearing a dress. Unfortunately, it's one of those cute dresses that most little girls want to wear at this age, but it is a dress no less! At this point, I am not being picky. My mom bought this for her while we were out of town last week and we have laughed because this is the only one of many, many dresses that she has loved and wanted to wear. . .it comes straight off the K-Mart racks with the label Nickelodeon - iCarly! Yes, it is an iCarly dress, but at least it's a dress.
Anna, on the other hand, would rather wear a dress everyday and loves being "cute." It is amazing that just by moving her into a "big girl" room at school how much that has changed her. She actually tee-tee'd on the potty last night!! Yea! We have been putting her on the potty every night before her bath for months and no success - ever! They are already working on it in her class too, so hopefully we are on the road to having a diaper-less house!!!! Oh I cannot wait - no diapers to buy, no diapers to change (esp poopy), no wipes, no diaper pails (oh the horrendous smell). Aaahhhh! Should we be thinking about baby #3? OH, NO!!!! I am really looking forward to a break from diapers - almost 5 consecutive years!
A funny Anna story. . . Sam and I went to get her out of bed yesterday morning before school and Sam was loving on her in her bed and tickling and kissing her neck. I laughed and said, "Look Anna, you got chill bumps on your legs!" She immediately sat up and looked at her legs and started wiping them and saying, "Shoo 'chipmunks', go away!" So funny, Sam and I laughed so hard. Chipmunks?
Oh, I almost forgot about a MM story. Before we went on our trip, I was getting MM dressed for the day and she had a total melt down fit over the clothes I was making her put on. And it was only a pair of cotton capri play pants and a sleeveless swing top - not too fancy, huh? Well, not according to her. All she could get out of her mouth was that she did not want people telling her that she looked CUTE!!!!! Can you believe this child? UGH! I mean, who wouldn't love someone, anyone, telling you you looked cute? She said, " Mom, people are come by my class and say, 'Mary Mac, you look so cute' and I don't want them to!" What do ya do? Sorry, my dear child, but you were born with great genes and you will always be CUTE! Well, at least in our opinion!
And just a random picture from this last weekend at the lake. We took a break from riding on the boat and took a dip in the water. MM loves jumping (doing a canonball, or so she says) off the boat, swimming around to the ladder, then doing it all over again. Anna is not so fond of the water, so this is pretty much where she stays in the water - on me or Sam. Hey, Rachel, that green life jacket is the one I was talking about, but it's not a great picture of it.



signature

1 comment:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Cute stories and they look so cute in their dresses! Anna's hair has gotten so long! Now that we are back in town, we need to hang out again!