Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Cruisin' Pictures

Sam and I had a wonderful time on our cruise last week. Thanks to my parents and Sam's parents for keeping all of our kids so that we could have some much appreciated time together. Sam and I were talking the other night about how much that trip really brought us back closer together as a couple. It is so hard with 2 little ones to keep your marriage at the front and center of our lives, not to mention our relationship with God, and work, and all of the other distractions that we live with on a daily basis. This trip just really reminded me of why I love my wonderful husband so much and appreciate our bond with each other. I would love to make this an annual event - maybe not to the extent of a cruise, but at least a trip to the beach or somewhere close. It was good for Sam and I and even better for our girls to see that connection between mom and dad rekindled. We missed the girls soooo much and could not wait to see them, but had to wait until Friday morning because we could not get an earlier flight out and then we had weather delays in Atlanta. Friday was the first morning in a long time that I can remember waking up early and being so anxious for the girls to wake up - I even committed the #1 mom sin - I woke a sleeping baby! Gasp!! I just couldn't wait any longer to see Anna and hear her sweet little voice. I swear, though, that she missed saying our names so much that week that she made up for lost time. I think she talked ALL.DAY.LONG!
Sam and I enjoyed relaxing on the boat and got plenty of sun. We went to Sting Ray City and snorkeling on a coral reef in Grand Cayman. We rode 4-wheelers through the Cozumel jungle and Mayan Ruins and got nasty dirty. We shopped - we both bought really nice watches in Grand Cayman for much less than here in the states. We made an effort to do all types of adventurous things that we normally would not have done with kids and succeeded 100%. It was so much fun and Sam's sister and BIL could not believe that I was that brave and adventurous - they obviously didn't know me in my younger days! One of the best compliments was when we were boarding the boat, a man commented that we looked like we were a glwoing couple that were celebrating our honeymoon! Huh? Do we look that young or are people just waiting so long to get married these days? We had lots of laughs and lots of rest and relaxation. Here are a few pictures from our trip. Hope you enjoy. BTW, don't the helmets and goggles make us look like part of Hitler's army? And, yes, that is dirt covering us from head to toe! I'll post pictures from StingRay City when I remember to bring the disk with me to work.




signature

No comments: