Sunday, January 05, 2014

Speaking of saddles...

Other than the usual things that all kids do over several years, you know, grow...the biggest addition in the past several weeks has been the addition of a family member of the 4 legged kind. Yes, we are now proud owners of a pony. Yes, I said a pony! A real live pony named Rosie, or Ring Around The Rosie as she's known in the show circles.  I guess you could say that this was something we've been trying to put off for years and we finally took the plunge.  The best part was being able to surprise 
the kids on Christmas morning.  I mean what little girl DIDN'T dream of getting a pony as a kid? I know I did and I didn't even really like large animals! 

On another note, we are currently in the potty training process with Kirby...ugh! Isn't that all that needs to be said about that? I think so.  I actually had no intentions of even starting the process until the spring when we can just go naked...yes, I said that too! But Kirby had higher aspirations and decided to start training himself so we figured we better jump on the boat or else we would regret it later. And who can't blame us for looking forward to a diaper free house and a little raise? "They" say that boys are harder to train than girls but so far Kirby is proving us wrong, or else he was just ready before mommy and daddy! Didn't I say that nothing needed to be said about potty training...oops! 

FACEBOOK FREE DAY 3 IN THE BOOKS! I can honestly say that not being on Facebook has been a little bit of a relief. I'm not going to lie and say that it's been super easy because it was obviously an addiction of sorts, but I really haven't missed anything...or at least I don't think I've missed anything! 

Enough for tonight. It's time for bed and to get bundled up for this cold front coming through tonight and over the next couple of days.  I am soooo ready for school to start back but with the bad weather coming through it looks like we will have a delayed start, if not longer, on Tuesday.  And here's just a couple of fun pictures from our trip to the beach in the fall.

No comments: