Monday, January 27, 2014

Finding Their Passion

Never say never...isn't that the old adage? Well it's popped up again in our mission to try and find Anna's passion. Mary Mac's passion has always been known...horses, not a cheap passion, but plain and simple.

 In a struggle to not let Anna fall through the cracks of being a middle child, I've made it our mission to try and find her passion...whatever that may be and wherever it takes us. 

And that brings us back to Never Say Never. Today I find myself sitting watching her at her first cheer practice. Oh the many, many hours I spent on a cheer floor endlessly counting 8 counts, breaking ribs, constant soreness, but a love for cheering that no one could break. Now cheering has morphed into a completely almost unrecognizable sport but it's basically the same thing I did, only at a much younger age and much more competitive than I ever imagined. 

As I write this I am watching her smiling ear-to-ear and already loving every minute and soaking it all in. I get the feeling that we just may have found her passion...or at least this a passion I have never seen from her. It makes my heart swell to see this side of her. And maybe just a tiny bit excited that she and I may have this special connection that none of the other 2 kids have. 

So why not let her find her passion especially when it might possibly be the same passion I had? I loved this world of cheer and made some great friends had it paid for my college education...Never Say Never, right? I'm slowly learning that the things we don't want our kids doing are usually the ones they have a passion for. I think it's just a little bit of His humor in life...5,6,7,8 Yea!



No comments: