Thursday, March 05, 2009

Adventures In Target

So the other day, I saw this segment on the Today Show showing them making this recipe for Classic Lasagna and it looked so yummy that I decided, why not? Also, the night before, we told Mary Mac that if she cleaned up the playroom (and it was a disaster) that we would give her $5 for her work. She happily complied and we gave her the money and she put it in her piggy bank. After I picked them up from school that day, I decided we would try and tackle both tasks at the same - groceries and a toy (boy, is she like her mom or what? the money was burning a whole in her pocket already). In a side note, is it bad that we give her money to help instill a little money sense in this tough economic time and then put it in her piggy bank (I deposit this into her bank account every so often) and not actually spend her money? We do only let her spend the amount of money she earned AND she thinks it is her money from her bank. Anyway, so while in Target, we are riding around to the grocery section (in one of those fancy 2 bench buggies) when all of a sudden Mary Mac comes sliding right out onto the floor on her back. She is in total hysteria (more embarrassed than hurt)! When I asked her what happened, between tears, she blames Anna for pushing her out. I honestly have no idea at this time who did what - my mind was focused on groceries, getting out of there before pre-naptime meltdown, and they were both content with their little "prizes" (yes, Anna got one too even though she didn't earn it - she is only 2 and we will do the same for her one day). As we all start to calm down, Anna just simply looks at me with those huge brown "angelic" eyes and grins and says, "Mommy, I tish her!" It took me several times of hearing her before I realized that she was happily admitting that she had indeed PUSHED ("tish") Mary Mac out of the buggie with her feet. Oh my, what a little devious thing! I know, this is only the beginning! I profusely apologized to Mary Mac later that I let Anna get away with it, but I was so in shock!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Too funny - OH! some good times. Wilson is definitely at the stage now where he is held accountable for his actions - pushing, biting, and all. The first times they do it, you think, WOW - I didn't know he had it in him....then reality sets in and you realize just how sinful we all are.

Molli Kirby said...

This brings back very vivid memories of a similar time with Leigh and me. I got blamed for hurting Leigh (real tears, sobbing, the works), but didn't do ANYTHING to her. Mom bent me over her knee and spanked the you-know-what out of me...this was the one and only time the "bending over the knee" thing happened. A little while later, Leigh owned up to lying about the whole thing! And, yes, I'm still a little peeved about it! Enjoy these goooood times...LOL!