Friday, March 20, 2009

Gitty Up Bogie!

Just what I know you have all been waiting for. . .video evidence of me riding a horse! It was so much fun once I got over being nervous. The horse's name is Bogie and he is so old and BIG, but great for a beginner like me! Mary Mac had a ball taking a lesson with me. I'm not sure if it's a good idea for me to have a lesson at the same time because she was so distracted by watching what I was doing. But on the other the distraction may be good because she had to stay focused and keep her horse on the right track. She was so cute after the lesson after we had put Bogie back in his stall. We were walking to the car and she looked at me and said, "mom, you did pretty good - almost as good as me!" Gee, thanks! Oh well, maybe a few more lessons and I'll be up to her level! Ha! Oh, and by the way, I was sooooooo sore! I found muscles I never knew existed that day! It is also MUCH harder than it looks to "post" (up and down). It took a good 6 days to get over! I just hope Bogie recovered!




1 comment:

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

i bet you were sore! looks like so much fun...mary mac is awesome! now i'm looking forward to a little riding this summer with emily! :)