Monday, March 23, 2009

Oh the weather!

I know I can't say this enough, but I LOVE THIS WEATHER!!!!! It is my favorite time of the year. As Sam and I sat out on our porch watching the girls play wonderously (is that a word?) in their barefeet, we both said how we wished it would stay like this year 'round! We have done nothing the past week but stay outside and play! Poor Anna was covered in pollen last night - so far I guess she is not allergic! She got her first "strawberry" on her knees last night. She kept telling us that they were "boo-berries (she prefers blueberry to strawberry). Since Sam's family has a slight history in fainting at the sight of blood, as soon as I realized it was bleeding, Sam and I wouldn't let her see it until we got it somewhat stopped. She is definitely a girly-girl because she was starting to panic, but thank goodness no fainting! Poor Mary Mac still has dark circles under her eyes due to allergies, but she just loves playing outside that I guess we'll just keep dosing her up with her medicine and pray it doesn't get any worse! We are supposed to have rain here Wednesday so hopefully it will wash most of the pollen off and be done with it!

On another funny note, I keep forgetting to post one our favorite funny things that Anna says. She is talking up a storm these days and some things I have no idea what she is talking about - but she does! The funny word is her word for milk! She call is milk "nip". Now, I know what you're thinking and no, she only breastfed for about 1 month! We get so tickled at that because it is so appropriate - maybe she knows more than we think she does!!!!

A Mary Mac funny. . .she was singing yesterday (as she does most of the time) while Sam was changing her clothes after church to the tune of The Farmer and The Dell, but she was making up her own verses (again, as always - I think she's always going to go against the grain, out of the norm, but that's what makes her special) and she says a word that sounds like the "f" word. Well, you could just hear both me and Sam giggle under our breath but trying not to call attention to it. Regardless, she noticed and wanted to know why we were laughing. Don't worry, we didn't tell her! Another funny saying (well I'm not sure how "funny" it is) was in the bath the other night. I was doing something in her room while Sam was bathing them. I hear him asking her "Do you even know what that means?" So, curious me, I wanted to know what she said. She had told Anna to stop "freakin" out (or something along those lines but using that word). Oops! I guess I use that word more than I thought! I guess it's better than some other choice words that I could use!?

1 comment:

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

we have a few of those funny words at our house too...fork is close to the f word and shirt is close to...well, you get the idea.