Friday, April 11, 2008

My daily mantra . . .

I hope you all notice one of the songs playing on my blog - Mama Tried by Merle Haggard. I realize he's talking about being in prison, but he does credit his mother with at least trying. This is the mantra I keep saying to myself lately . . . "Mama tried"! Everyday I wake up and tell myself that no matter what happens today, I know that I will do my best to do everything right by my girls so that I can never look back and say that I didn't at least "try" to raise them in a fun wonderful world!

For example, today when I picked them up from preschool, Mary Mac wanted to know where we were going (this is a daily question - can you tell she has been on the go since birth?). "Well, today I think we are going to go to another planet out of space" (with the most serious look on my face). She looked at me like I was an alien (no pun intended). Why not at least imagine it? So we did, we pretended (while driving down the street) that we were in space and that everyone on this new planet stood on their heads and picked their noses! She was hysterical - we love pretending in our house or car for that matter! These are moments that I want to cherish forever!

Now, back to my main point. At least my girls can't say that Mama Didn't Try and make their world a fun and imaginative place to live: hence, the new song added to the playlist! Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Sue said...

So great that you are back in the blogging world...I do my daily check. It is so nice to be connected with everyone again and catch up on all that is going on with their families!