Friday, April 18, 2008

Translations of a 3 year old

While at lunch today with my parents and Sam, we were laughing about all of the nicknames that Mary Mac has for places and things, and it hit me that this is what my next post needed to be about . . .Translations by Mary McLain Collins (in chronological order of invention!):

1) "Jamma-nomes" - Pajamas - I guess this one came from the fact that Sam and I always told her to go get her "pajamas on" after her bath and this is apparently how she heard it. By the way, we all still call them that now!

2) "Ebalator" - Elevator

3) "Donkey" restaurant - this is the name for a local Mexican restaurant that has a statue of a donkey in the front that she always wants to "ride". The real name is Jalapenos

4) "Chicken N Nuggets" - McDonalds - that is all that she will eat at McDonalds so, hence, her name for it!

5) "Friday's Tuesdays" - Ruby Tuesdays - Well I guess they both end in y!

6) "Apple Neighborhood" - Applebee's - maybe this came from the commercials? You think we watch too much TV?

7) "Where the Sun Meets the Moon" - a different location of Jalapeno's and this comes from the fact that they have iron suns and moons everywhere on the walls! Ok, so you think we like Mexican too?

Those are all that come to mind right now, but I will add to the list as I remember them. As a matter of fact, I think I will make a label for these called "Translations"

Also, I am seeing a pattern here = we like to eat out (maybe it's the Kids Eat Free or maybe it's the margaritas)!

1 comment:

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

Love the title of the post...what a great idea! I may have to steal it...when Emily finally starts talking. All we get right now is dadadadadad!