Friday, January 29, 2010

Brownies and More

So while in a weekend get-a-away to our local Wal-Mart (can you hear my sarcasm?), I fell for an impulse buy (imagine that) for The Perfect Brownie Pan Kit. The girls and I were so excited and could not wait to make some brownies that night. I thought I had a box of brownie mix at home, but quickly realized that I had made those several weeks ago. So instead of getting back out with the girls on our relaxing weekend (Sam was out of town on business), I searched my pantry and found all of the ingredients to make homemade Blondies using the recipe book that came with the kit. Here are the scrumptious results (again, can you hear the sarcasm?). P.S. I still don't know how they get the commercials to look so easy and much better than these. Although, it didn't stop myself and the girls from picking around the mess.
Also, a couple of weeks ago I surprised Sam with his early birthday present. This picture is of him opening it. Needless to say, he was very surprised!!! He turns the big 3-0 in March and I really wanted to do something very special that he would remember forever. I always feel so bad because everyone kind of ignores his birthday (not intentionally)and we've never really done anything really special before for his birthday. So, since he is a huge race car fan and especially a Corvette fan, I decided to book a trip (just the 2 of us) to Dallas for the weekend before his birthday AND book him a day of driving race cars and riding with professional drivers around the Texas Motor Speedway. We cannot wait for this trip. It is sure to be a birthday to remember!

In my last post, we were going to the AL vs GA Gymnastics meet with my mom. Here are a couple of pics from the night. We took the girls to DePalma's for dinner before the meet and this was them being silly at the table. Then, as we were coming out of the meet, we just happened to look up at the football facility and saw this glorious site (and I didn't have to fight the rednecks at Wal-Mart to see it)! My mom had read in the paper that morning that they were "unveiling" it in its rightful place that morning. It really is beautiful - especially at night with the way they have the lights on it! div>



signature

No comments: