Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm an Aunt Again!!!

I am so excited to announce that we have a new addition to the Collins family - well Kate is a Hardy now, but let's not get technical! Early this morning, Kate (Sam's sister) gave birth to Tripp Hardy at 3:52 am. She went into labor last night and went to the hospital around 9-ish. She was fully dilated by 1:30 am (I'm telling ya, she must be made to have babies!) and pushed for about 2 hours (he was turned wrong:()) before delivering this precious miracle weighing in at 7 lbs 7 oz and 20.5 inches long! He is sooo beautiful - yes, boys can be beautiful as infants! For those of you following our blog, Kate is the one that was struggling with infertility for several years and finally concceived last spring! He ended up being a little smaller than we all had predicted due to his "genes", but he and Kate are both doing great! Our girls were so excited and could not wait to go see him (well, me too), so we went first thing this morning to just "peek" into the nursery for a quick glimpse (hoping that Kate was resting). Kate was NOT resting and we were able to see them both up close personal! Enjoy the pictures!

Also, I forgot this in my last post: Obviously, as some of you know, I am a little bit of a germaphobe and always have hand sanitizer with me! But, instead of calling it hand sanitizer, the girls call it my "hani-tizer". Guess that's close enough, huh? Wouldn't you know what they were trying to say?




signature

No comments: