Thursday, January 07, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend and Lessons Learned

You might be a redneck if you put your platter of turkey out in the storage room on top of the tool box until it's time for dinner!!! Yes, it was cool here and we had run out of room in both of my refrigerators. Enough said!



After putting the girls to bed on Thanksgiving night, I found this in the playroom bathroom trash can while cleaning up. Huuummm, why is there all this "fur" in the trash can? Better yet, where did that chunk of blond hair come from? And even further, why didn't any of the 21 adults in attendance notice that MM's hair was missing a chunk out of it? After confronting her, she insisted on it being an accident that she cut her hair while making a project. We gave her the choice of either cutting her hair off to match what she cut or throwing ALL of her scissors away - she opted for the scissor to be thrown away, which was a huge sacrifice for the child that lives for art projects!!! Our biggest problem with the whole thing was that she went and cut several of her horses tails to "mix in" with her hair to cover it up. Why is it that kids think no one will notice that huge chunk of hair is missing???? Sam and I did have a little laugh over her creativity of how to hide it! I have to admit that she gets it honestly because I did the same thing at her age and stuffed it all in a play purse while my mom had company over for a party! By the way, if you see her please don't mention this little incident - she is mortified by it and will only scream out, "IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!!!!"



And speaking of art projects, this was my little project that I made for Sam's sister's baby shower that a few of us gave for her before Thanksgiving. I have to admit, it looks just like the ones you see in boutiques that cost about $40. But I only spent a few dollars on this one! What a great way to re-use wipe containers AND they are much cuter than the plain ones. These colors and fabrics coordinate with her nursery! If anyone wants me to make one (either for themselves or for a gift) let me know! It was really fun and easy! I'm also going to make one of the travel size wipes cases for her too!



More to come. . .


signature

No comments: