Monday, January 11, 2010

Translations from Anna and other stuff

We had such a great weekend, aside from it being FRIGID! It was so nice to have a weekend that we actually had absolutely nothing to do for the entire weekend. With that said, I was able to get a lot of things done around the house. I cleaned the house, cleaned out the refrigerator, cleaned out the pantry, made another travel size wipes case for my SIL (who is about to deliver our newest addition, Tripp, any day), cooked, and just took it easy! The girls were actually REALLY good too, which makes for a much more peaceful time. They played so well together - major step towards the right direction. I think that the threat of them both getting in trouble, whether you are the culprit or tattle-tale must have sunk in! The only downside to all of this, you ask? The playroom looks like a tornado hit it!



With it being so cold AND having a husband that is a hunter, you can guess where Sam was all weekend. But, a couple weeks ago we put out some corn in the empty lots across from our house to see if we could see the same monster derr we saw last year. We have seen lots and deer, but not the big one (someone probably shot it already). The girls have really enjoyed waiting and watching the deer from the shadows in Sam's men's den every night. Anna keeps telling Sam that she is going hunting with him! I'm not sure she really "gets" what hunting is all about, but he said he would take them both as long as they were quiet (which will be challenge for Anna)AND after it warms up some.



Anna's funny words and personality these days:



~chipmunks = chill bumps


~kia = care


~t-jamas = pajamas (actually she starts a lot of words with a t, even if it does not have a t in it)


~nikka hiney = naked hiney, kind of sounds like she is saying something else


~when she gets a wedgie, she tells you that her panties are "stuck to her hiney"


~I wanna tell you "somp-in" (something)


~she puts her hand on her head and says, "not again!!!


~I wanna hold u = she wants to be held"


~walks around singing the song "Jimmy Crack Corn" except her words are "Jimmy Corn and I don't 'kia'" - not really sure where she heard this song OR why she likes it so much!


~TALKS 24 HOURS A DAY!!!!! Seriously, I'm not kidding - the only time she's quiet is when she is asleep!


~She can't wait to meet her soon-to-be nephew Baby Tree-up (as she pronounces it). The poor baby isn't even here yet and she's already driving him crazy!!! But, I do have to say that his coming arrival is what prompted her to potty train - we told her that only big girls who used the potty could hold him! Tada - the secret to our success!!! LOL!


~she has the most sensitive nose EVER! She gets this from Sam, but it is still pretty funny because some smells really bother her and she will just keep her nose pinched, just in case!





Finally, since I resolved (not officially) to be better about posting this year and showing pictures, here is one from last night. I made some Jello yesterday for the girls to eat if they ate a good dinner. I guess it's just been a really long time since I made Jello and they were soooo excited! So after dinner Sam got it out and we tried to make Jigglers but it wasn't firm enough so he put it in little ice cream sundae cups. The both finished off their cups so fast that we just let them dig into the dish. Before I could even look, Sam brings me a spoon and says that if I wanted a taste I better hurry - it's almost GONE! GONE??? Really?? Well, yep! Take a look at the dish in the background! This was only minutes after getting it out! It was such a sweet sound - sweet little innocent happy giggles over the simplicity of Jello! And, yes, I'm sure Sophie was able to get in a lick or two! BTW, she already weighs 50 lbs and is only 7 months old!!!!

The travel-size wipes case I made yesterday! Pretty darn cute if I do say so myself! I added some ribbon to the spine of it and made a little handle for carrying (it's hard to see in this pic).


signature

No comments: