Thursday, May 15, 2008

Belated Mother's Day Post

After reading all of my friends sweet (and sometimes crazy) Mother's Day posts, I began feeling a little sorry for myself that I did not have some great story to post about how wonderful of day I had. But then it dawned on me. . .I had the best Mother's Day I think anyone could ask for. No, I did not get to sleep late, or have breakfast in bed, or any of those wonderful things that any mom would be grateful for on any day, but especially Mother's Day. Instead, I had a wonderful day that I will remember for a very long time! I got to spend my special day with my precious gifts from God (Mary Mac and Anna, of course), AND I got to spend the day with my wonderful Mom, AND my Mom and I got to spend the day with her Mom (Mimi). What more could any of us ask for? All 4 generations got to spend this special day together! We now have some great memories from that day that I will cherish forever! We do not get to see my Mom's parents but a couple of times a year, so to spend Mother's Day with all of the shining women who have been the best examples of how to be the Best Mom, was something so much more special than any sleep, food, or gifts! I just pray that I am able to be half of the mom/wife/woman that my grandmother and mother are. And thank you Papa for taking such good care of her!

So there you have it - I have proclaimed that this was the Best Mother's Day gift of all!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Well, this made me cry. Hope that Pop will read and let Mimi read this. You are already a better Mom than I ever thought about being. Thank you for being such a good daughter, granddaughter, and Mommy.

Pop said...

Leigh...you have always been the sunshine of my life and now you're girls are the sunshine of yours. I know you're relationship will be as wonderful and as close with them as it is with Gran. You are a wonderful mom.