Thursday, May 22, 2008

Vacation After A Vacation

What is it about vacations these days that wear you out to the point that you swear you should take another vacation just to recover from the first? We just got back Tuesday from a wonderfully long vacation - first to Mobile for Mother's Day (refer to my previous post), then onto the beach for 8 days! It was so wonderful to be able to spend that much quality time with my precious angels! They were both soooo good and my mom and I could not have asked for more! Aside from both girls waking up with pink eye one day, we had a rather uneventful 8 days. And, the best part was being able to spend my birthday at the beach and the pool reading a great "beach read" while mom took care of the girls!

Sam had not seen us in about 2 weeks due to his work/travel schedule, so when he got home last night, the girls could not get enough of him. They played and rough-housed with him all night! He was loving it too! He could not believe how much progress Anna had made trying to walk - no, she's still not walking, but very close and at least trying! And I was so glad to have my "partner in crime" home again too to help me with them! We are all glad that we are all home again!

So, onto the rest of the early summer - our country club pool opens in about 30 minutes and Mary Mac is on the countdown! Her secret she wanted to tell me last night was that we were going to go to the pool today! Let's just hope the glooming rain holds off long enough for us to get in a short swim!

1 comment:

The Deavours Family said...

Glad you had fun at the beach, I am ready to go myself! Hope you all are doing well!