Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mary Mac's Prayer

So this past weekend we (me, my mom, Mary Mac, and Anna) made a trip down to Mobile to visit my grandparents and family. It was a great weekend and the girls were so good. I was so afraid that they would get bored and start getting into everything, but, to my surprise, they did not! Anna really took to Papa and only wanted him to hold her, rock her, and even feed her! She only likes a few men - Pop and Daddy - so we were quite amused at her being so attached to him.

On Monday, we made the drive from Mobile over to our beach house in Destin to spend a week here for my birthday. The girls just love being down here at the beach. I'm not sure if its the fact that they have us all to themselves the whole time or the pool or the beach, but regardless, they love it!

So, last night we were getting ready for bed and had been talking about Pop coming down to the beach later this week and apparently Mary Mac was listening because the following was her prayer:

She said "Mom, don't forget to say your prayers!" I told her not to forget hers either. She immediately claps her hands together over her nose, eyes closed and began "Oh dear God, please get everybody down here to the beach. Please get Pop down here to the beach. The End." She looks up at me and asks, "Mom, what's that word?" Taking a stab at what she was asking, I replied, " Amen!" and she then repeats, "Amen!"

How sweet was that? It was too cute! I had to cover my face as I laughed because she was so serious and I didn't want her to think that I wasn't taking her heartfelt prayer seriously. Also, I was cracking up over the "Oh dear God" part - you think she's overheard me saying this in vain? Yikes - really gotta watch what I say!

1 comment:

Lindsey Smith said...

So sweet! I love that prayer!! She's at such a cute age right now!!