Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Weekend

We got to spend the weekend at the lake at Sam's parents new lake house. We had such a good time and laughed about the fact that not many families would or could totally embrace and enjoy spending the weekend together (6 adults and 4 young kids) in a house with absolutely NO furniture! Well, I take that back . . . there were 4 inflatable mattresses, a sofa bed, 2 chairs, and not to mention several fold-out tailgate chairs~! It was so fun and simple and relaxing! Although, next time, I wouldn't mind having more furniture to enjoy!

Mary Mac and Isabella "took" right to the lake! They jumped right in and swam all weekend, even after we killed a watersnake right by the dock! YUCK! I hate snakes (for those of you who didn't already know that)! I told Pop (my Dad), that not only does he have some "beach babies", but he also has some "lake babies" too. It was a hot and muggy weekend here and if it's any indication of how the rest of the summer is going to feel, we are in for a scorcher! I'll post some pics later of the beach and the lake!

2 comments:

sam said...

You forgot the BIG SCREEN we worked so hard to get and get put up and the "smooth" riding bass tracker!

Connie said...

I loved watching Mary Mac enjoy the lake. She thinks she can swim. That kind of scares me. Can't wait til she really does know how to swim. Soon Anna will be walking and we will really have to watch her. So glad yall had a great weekend with the Collins Clan.