Monday, July 14, 2008

A HORSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

A little change from the norm, it's Sam posting this time. I want to give a thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law, Molli, who influenced my wife when we were in Clearwater on vacation that we needed to do some remodeling! Molli, you probably don't know you did this, but we are now elbows deep in blue, green and crimson paint! Leigh and I spent Saturday and Sunday painting our dining room blue, then started painting my "playroom" crimson and next on to the bedroom for some green fun. What else is there to do on a hot sunny weekend? Lay out at the pool? Go to the lake? Sit inside and have a cold one? Nope! Paint! (Although, Leigh and the girls did go a few rounds on the slip-and-slide and you should see the videos!) I must say we did a darn good job for two amateurs, but we are not for hire so don't think about asking. Any way, Molli, just wanted to say thanks and next time we come visit, please don't have any home projects going! Got to go, my trusty paint brush is at home calling!

6 comments:

Sue said...

too funny, Sam. I hope the painting looks great. I love the blog hijackers--Nick does it sometimes too!

The Deavours Family said...

Sam, from personal experience, your Uncle George is a very good painter, you should call him and just let him do it! He is retired, what else does he have to do! lol

Connie said...

I can't wait to see. I think after the bedroom, Leigh has the girls rooms in mind. Just don't ask your father-in-law. He will do alot of things for you guys, but painting is not one of them.

Molli Kirby said...

OK--I cracked up when I read this! Too funny! Sorry, Sam, especially since I thought your house looked fantastic already. Actually, visiting you guys the last time is what really got me going on our house. Can't wait to see the new colors. Did you paint ceilings, too?

Leigh Collins said...

No ceilings yet! But, we have yet to finish our bedroom and the girls, so there is plenty of time to add the ceilings!

Molli Kirby said...

Here's a lesson I learned the hard way...always start with the ceilings (if you are going to paint them). This rule is not important if your room has crown molding, but without molding, it is really hard to "cut in" the ceiling color along a newly painted wall. Good luck!