Thursday, April 23, 2009

AHHHH, Sweet Southern Days

As I type I am sitting in my swimsuit on a quilt that my great-grandmother made in my backyard soaking in every ray of glorious sunshine that I can! No joke! Thank goodness our backyard is not visible to anyone. I can tell it has been a really long time since I've actually been able to sit and do nothing in the sun because I'm feeling a little guilty and antsy that I should be doing something around the house. But, you know what? It can all wait while I take a few minutes to myself! Anna is napping and MM is playing quietly in the playroom. I can vivdly remember doing this for hours and days at a time back in college. Man, why did I ever quit doing that? Oh yea, that's right, mom and dad wouldn't pay for it anymore, I met the man of my dreams, have a beautiful family that I always dreamed of, and am living a wonderful life!!!!! Perfectly great reasons! Although, I could get used to doing a little more of this now that the girls are getting older. I found myself at the country club pool last summer being so jealous watching those moms whose kids were older and could manage themselves at the pool while they just relax in the sun reading a book, all the while I am chasing my 2 young ones around the baby pool trying to keep them from falling in or just falling in general. Gosh, I didn't realize how quickly we would be getting to that place.

On another note, we have big news . . .no we're not pregnant! ANNA TEE-TEE'D ON THE POTTY LAST NIGHT!!! She is just barely 2 and much further along in the potty training area than MM. We all made a HUGE deal of it. MM said the sweetest thing to her. She said, "Anna, I can't believe you are getting to be such a big girl and tee-tee'd on the potty!" It was in the sweetest little angel voice she could muster. I soak up moments like these because lately all I hear between the 2 of them is fussing and arguing! Well, that's all from this part of the world. Hope everyone else is able to take a little time to themselves and enjoy the nice weather that it seems we are all getting right now. Before we can even blink, we will all be complaining about how hot and humid it is!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Go Anna!!!! I'm heading to the zoo tomorrow and am wearing as little clothes as possible in hopes to get these white arms and legs some color!!!!

heidi said...

things i miss about the south:
1. going "tee tee" in the potty. everyone says potty or pee pee here.
2. swimsuits in april. and sometimes march.
3. double first names like mary mac.
4. answering the phone "marketing group s'owwwth" with a big ol' accent. unfortunately i have lost my beautiful southern way of speaking.