Friday, April 03, 2009

Horse Shows and Parties

And the excitement continues with the birthday celebrations! We are having Anna's official party Saturday night at our house. It is just family though. Shouls I feel guilty that I'm not having a big party like we did for MMC's 2nd birthday? I just really did not feel like planning anything big and she doesn't know the difference - YET! MMC keeps asking when Anna's "BIG" party is going to be. I just don't have the heart to tell her that it's just a family cook-out. We were going to have it at Sam's parents lake house and enjoy the boat, the weather, the company. Unfortunately, Sam's grandmother was in the hospital all this week and is now in a rehab facility until she can get back on her feet to go home so we decided we would take a little stress off of his mom's plate and not make her feel like she HAD to host the party. It will be great anyway and Aunt Kate (or "Pancake" as the girls call her) is making Anna's cake. She has been taking cake decorating classes and we are all anxious to taste her creations! Judging by the taste of one of her first cakes, this one will be fabulous - she's a little more practice since then!

On another note. . . MMC has her first horse show this weekend. I just pray that she doesn't flip out with all of the people watching her and that she actually gets Jimmy to trot over all the poles like he's supposed to do! We will be taking an "extra" ribbon in our pockets, just in case (if you get my drift). This is a big 2 day show with people coming from all over to compete and MMC is getting so excited she can hardly sleep at night thinking about it! Today, I will be busy running all over town collecting the "stuff" and getting it all ready to compete:
1) show jacket
2) white show blouse
3) ribbons for her hair
4) Show Sheen - to make Jimmy look "pretty" (he is a boy, you know)
5) clean her boots (it has been really muddy here lately)
6) jodphur pants (i.e. riding pants)
7) boot straps
8) clean her saddle and put her nameplate on it
9) clean her saddle pad
10) polish her pin for her shirt
11) punch holes in her belt so it fits
12) wash Jimmy, comb his mane
13) make sure her new show helmet fits
14) write check after check after check!

Whew! Well, as you can see, I've got a lot to do before 8 in the morning AND none of this includes anything that I need to do to get ready for Anna's party. That's a whole separate list in itself! HELP!!!! I don't know how you all do this with more than 2 kids! I hope I remember everything and get it all done! Stay tuned . . . I'll post pictures/videos or whatever I can get from the show! Wish us luck! I have a feeling this is only the beginning!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

WOW!!! She must REALLY like that horse riding - that's ALOT of stuff to do for 1 show!!!!! And I can't imagine the $$$$$ involved. You're the MAMA!!!!! Hope it is a good weekend!!!!