Monday, April 20, 2009

A-Day 2009

This past weekend was A-Day here in T-Town and the excitement is already building for the upcoming season! This year they held the First Annual Alumni 7 on 7 Flag Football game and Sam decided to play! He had a lot of fun and it was great to see several of the guys that he played with and some that I cheered for back in the day! And, no, I did not make my come back in uniform!!!! Not a chance!!! The link below (you may have to copy and paste it into you browser b/c I can't get the "&" sign to be part of the link) are pictures from the day. If you click on the 7 on 7 gallery, you will find a great picture of Sam on one of his catches in the game(it's the 10th image in the gallery). He should have scored twice, but was robbed! But, his team (the white team, and definitely the "underdogs" on paper) won! Sam was able to show off that he was actually still in pretty good shape (unlike many others) and still has his skills and speed!
These are also some pictures of the girls at the game. They really don't "get" that they are very privileged to get to go on the field to watch, but they preferred sitting with Nanny, Pop, and cousins (the triplets were here for Spring Break) in the stands. Oh well, maybe one day!

Waiting outside the locker room while Daddy changed clothes - this is the same place I used to stand to wait on him when he played

You can tell they are really excited to be there! Anna just kept saying, "Too Loud, Mommy"

Player Introductions

On the line of scrimmage - I think I have several similar pictures of this, only he was in uniform!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

So sad I missed it - but Will was there - he thoroughly enjoyed it!

Kellie said...

I've got something for you on my blog!

heidi said...

hellooo! i would have LOVED to have been at this game. that looks like so much fun. big T and i have got to plan a tuscaloosa trip. we talk about how much we love alabama all the time. of course, thomas has to follow up with a comment about alabama being almost as great as georgia.

Unknown said...

Awe! I miss the games with you guys so much! I wish I was still at home. Only one more year though and hopefully I'll be back!