Monday, April 13, 2009

Anyone Seen The Trampoline?

After such a beautiful day yesterday, we had some really fierce weather last night that kept Sam and I both awake for several hours. I kept thinking that any minute a tree or limb was coming through a window! It was worse than the winds that have come through with the hurricanes in the last few years. I kept getting up and checking everything out making sure everything was intact. So, I get up this morning to Sam texting me (he gets up WAY earlier than I do to workout - yes, he has much more motivation than I do) asking me "Who decided to move the trampoline?" Not knowing what he was talking about I go to look out the back porch and this is what I find. . .

Yes, that round, kind of dead looking spot is where our trampoline has always resided. Take notice of the fence (untouched), the tiki torch (still standing), the furniture (in place), the plant on the table (in place). . .
And this is where we found it!!!!!! You think our neighbors will be excited that we decided to "share" our trampoline with them? Surely they won't mind! I cannot believe this!!! It's like the trampoline fairy just picked it right up and dropped it on the other side of the fence! And all in one piece and the fence in one piece too! I can attest to how dad-gum heavy that thing is too because I helped put it together (what little I could do). The only damage to it or the fence is one of the net rails is bent and the top of one board in the fence is broken! How in the world!!!!????? Wow, I knew it was strong winds, and suspected that we may lose the net, but never imagined this! I'm just glad it didn't get carried into any of our neighbors houses! NOW, the question is, "How the heck are we gonna get that back inside the fence????"


Also, on another totally different point, I forgot to update everyone on the horse back riding!
After her 2 falls on the previous Friday, we took MMC back to her lesson on Wednesday and she was eager to get back on Jimmy. We let her kind of do what she wanted on him and let her trot around and walk around and go over the ground poles and just take it easy to help build her confidence back up. She was so proud of herself (and so was her Mom and Dad and Carly) and just beamed the rest of the afternoon! So, I guess, she truly is going to be a horse rider and she proved to us just how stubborn tough as nails she really is! She was a little hestitant and nervous, but who wouldn't be! The first thing she told Sam was, "Daddy, I rode Jimmy today and I didn't fall off!" Awe, how cute!!!!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Leigh, Oh.My.Goodness - that is so scary that it went all the way over the fence - I can't believe it didn't hit someone's house or car???? Our power went off at 11:30 last night and didn't come on until 9:00 this morning - so getting up and ready and the children out the door was less than fun!!!! I couldn't even shower!!!!

That trampoline thing just about beats all I've seen in awhile!!! We'll have to drop by and enjoy the "neighborhood" trampoline!!!

Maggie Pelton said...

That is hilarious! I can't believe the wind lifted that whole thing up and set it back down so perfectly outside your fence. Crazy!

Susie said...

you've got to be kidding me?! that is wild! can you imagine seeing the trampoline going through the air?! scary!