Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Birthday Girl







After many, many celebrations and many, many rounds of "Happy Birthday!" sung, we have finally recovered from Anna's birthday WEEK! I think I say this every year, but thank goodness birthdays only come once a year - I don't think I could handle many more! Here are some pictures from the week! The big Elmo cake is the one Sam's sister made and it was AWESOME!!! Not only did it look perfect (toook her like 2 hours to decorate), but it tasted better than any birthday cake I could have bought! Thanks Pancake! It was a hit! The bottom 2 pictures were from her party at school with her class. Oh, those cupcakes were a huge mess, but the kids loved them! Also, Pancake and Big Will gave us a "wonderful" birthday present (can you hear the sarcasm?). They thought that the girls needed a pet (as if I don't have enough to do and take care of already), so they bring in a big clear bucket with 2 baby Alabama Map turtles. Oh my, they have no idea what awaits them when they have kids - pay back is "H-E-double hockey sticks"! Might I add that they gave us one male and one female - I can see it now, turtles taking over our house! Anna has named hers Tuck (from the Wonder Pets) and MMC hasn't been able to decide on a name for hers yet, although I'm not sure which one is which or if they even know. I think these turtles might find a great home at Nanny and Pop's pond at the lake house, that is if I can sneak them out of the house without the girls noticing! Oh, and before anyone replies with warnings about turtles and bacteria/germs/etc., WE KNOW! We won't let the girls touch them without a good handscrubbing!

2 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

That Elmo cake is amazing!

sam said...

If the turtle's disappear, I'm buying them a dog!